Mittwoch, April 26, 2006

Rain Drops Fallin on my Head

Hung over. Shouldn't be.

Plodding along, doing bookkeeping. Which really is my least favorite activity. Or second least. The least favorite should be reserved for silliness like scraping bird shit off my shop windows.

Was trying my hardest not to procrastinate. But still found myself emailing people, surfing around looking for trouble, mentally escaping. I should be working. I should be working...

And then it happened.

See, there was construction going on upstairs, above my shop. And because I am blessed with A.D.D. I am very able to hyperfocus on other things and not notice the pounding, pounding, pounding.

I can happily hyperfocus on things like the sensations remaining in my body from last night's fuck.

But it was the sound of pouring water that awakened me from my self-loathing. Literally pouring. And not where it should be pouring.

So I got up off my procrastinating, fucked-raw ass and went to investigate.

There it was, just above the dressing room. Like someone turned a hose on in the ceiling. Strange to hear the sound of water above you and see no water.

And then it all came pouring down.

First one stream, then another... then another. Until there was a veritable waterfall pouring onto the furniture, the walls, the carpet.

Not just water. Black water. Water that smelled of chemicals. Water that made me dizzy.

I stared for a moment, wondering. Hyperfocusing on all the black, wet, spattering. And then I jolted myself and ran for buckets. Many buckets.

They are still working on fixing the broken pipe. They have drilled holes in my ceiling and my walls. Drill dust, bits of wall and wallpaper everywhere.

Ugh. So much for the bookkeeping.